- The boy eats homemade salsa and likes it!
- I have to adjust some of my shopping habits: I'm used to buying asparagus for 2 people not 3.
- The girl likes (and regularly requests) maroon carrots. Since regular carrots are one of her acceptable vegetables this is not a big surprise, but the flavor of maroon carrots is closer to what I'd call a homegrown taste: a bit minty and stronger than the one-note sweetness of supermarket orange carrots.
- Both kids are willing, though not hugely enthusiastic, to eat sauteed sugar snap peas. I'm planting extra in the garden this year.
- The girl will eat a small amount of roasted cauliflower and has been willing to taste strawberries and pears. She also dealt with dried cherries in the oatmeal chocolate chip pecan cookies and was willing to eat cinnamon raisin bread without yelling about the raisins.
- Both kids tolerated the appearance of a few mushroom slices on their homemade pizza.
- Not much progress on getting the boy to accept asparagus or either kid to accept green beans or kale (even with a lot of butter)...
Wednesday, April 18, 2012
Just a few updates on our progress: